The temple gate of Wat PhraThat Doi Suthep. From this entrance, we can climb 309 steps for free to reach the Top side of Wat Doi Suthep Chedi and temple or there is a tram at other side. Entry to the temple on the tram costs 30 Thai baht for foreigners.
Beside the entrance, veneration of Kruba Srivichai statue and big old style of Gong.
The 309 steps of stairway and at top were venerated 2 Guardian statues at each side.
The front side of Wat PhraThat and veneration of Kruba Srivichai statue and past Guru monks statues.
At the top of Wat PhraThat of Doi Suthep is always 'cover' by thick fog.
Wat Doi Suthep or Wat Phra BoromaThat Doi Suthep 'Doi Suthep Reliquary' is an important symbol of Chiang Mai. The Reliquary was constructed in the reign of King KuNa of the MangRai dynasty (1355-1385) after Phra Maha Sumana Thera had brought Relic from Sukhothai to Chiang Mai in year 1371. At first the King ordered the Relic to be enshrined in Suan Dok. No local record mentioned when the Relic was placed on Wat Doi Suthep Chedi but the Yonok Annals compiled by a Bangkok scholar in 1896 says that the King had the Relic enshrined there in year 1386.
The photos taken with sacred Chedi of Wat PhraThat Doi Suthep and devotees seeking for good luck may walk around the Chedi three times clockwise.
The sacred Phra Buddha statues were venerated surrounding the Chedi side.
The other sacred Phra Buddha statues inside the small Vihara building.
Here is the statue Of White Elephant Legend.
According to legend, a monk named Phra Sumana Thera from Sukhothai had a dream in this vision he was told to go to Pang Cha and look for a Relic bone, which many claim was Buddha's shoulder bone. The sacred Relic displayed magical powers by it glowed, it was able to vanish, it could move itself and replicate itself. Phra Sumana Thera took the Relic to King Dharmmaraja who ruled the Sukhothai. However, the relic displayed no abnormal characteristics, and the king, doubtful of the relic's authenticity, told Phra Sumana Thera to keep it.
However, King Nu Na of the Lanna Kingdom heard of the relic and offered the monk to take it to him instead. In 1368 with Dharmmaraja's permission, Phra Sumana Thera took the relic to what is now Lamphun, in northern Thailand. The relic apparently split in two, one piece was the same size, the other was smaller than the original. The smaller piece of the relic was enshrined at a temple in Suan Dok. The other piece was placed by the King on the back of a White Elephant which was released in the jungle. The White Elephant is said to have climbed up Doi Suthep, at the time called Doi Aoy Chang (Sugar Elephant Mountain), trumpeted three times before dying at the site. It was interpreted as a sign and King Nu Na ordered the construction of a temple at the site.
The back side view of temple building.
The Mini Museum for kept collections of artifacts and other objects of Kruba Srivichai, or historical importance.
Beautiful of carved Art of Wat PhraThat Doi Suthep on the big Teak Wood.
See more amulets that I obtained from Wat Doi Suthep at: http://thaiamulets-dhammapath.blogspot.com/search/label/Kruba%20Srivichai
See more Thai amulets at: