Friday, March 1, 2013

Golden Triangle ~ Phra Buddha Chiang Saen & Downtown Of Chiang Saen District.

Known as 'Land Of Golden Triangle', once called Wiang Hiran Nakhon NgoenYang and served as the capital before King Mengrai established Chiang Rai in 1262. The town was captured by the Burmese in the 16th century and sacked by King Rama I in 1803. Left a ghost town for a hundred years, it was repopulated around 1900, but still hasn't really staggered to its feet. Traces of old double city walls and many other antiquities still remain in and outside the district town. Several temples are within easy reach from the path.
 The Stone Pillar with Guardians at nearby Golden Triangle, the town hasn’t changed too much over the last decade.
 The Vihara of sacred Phra Buddha Chiang Saen at downtown the city of Chiang Saen district. This Phra Buddha Chiang Saen was venerated and is facing Laos country by enhancement as Feng Shui for block and help to ward off the Killing Chi from Laos country. According by local villagers, the face of the Phra Buddha Chiang Saen had crack line in the past because of effect from strong the killing chi from Laos. The villagers sought help from Kruba BoonChum to enhance the Holiness Phra Buddha Chiang Saen. The ceremony took place by Kruba BooChum by recite the Mantra and attended 300 virgin boys and girls to pay respect for Phra Buddha Chiang Saen. Since then, the face of Phra Buddha Chiang Saen never seen crack line till now. 
 Here is the Vihara of Phra Buddha Chiang Saen facing, the Mekong River and opposite side is Laos country.
The Quadrangle map of China, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand with the boat services. The photo taken with huge river barges from China.
 The downtown of Chiang Saen, side of the Mekong River. A sleepy crossroads downtown on the banks of Mekong River, Chiang Saen Police Station and shoplots.
A popular photograph of thousand debates on display in Chiang Saen downtown, market guesthouses, restaurants, bars around Thailand by written: "Queen of Nagas seized by American Army at Mekhong River, Laos Military Base on June, 1973 with the length of 7.80 meters" is a hoax. This photo is actually taken by USN LT DeeDee Van Wormer, of an oarfish found in late 1996 by US Navy Seal trainess on the coast of Coronado, California.
.
See more Amulets from Kruba BoonChum - Wat ThongNen at:

http://thaiamulets-dhammapath.blogspot.com/search/label/Kruba%20BoonChum
.
See more Thai amulets for rent at:

http://www.thaiamulets-dhammapath.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment