Wat Phra Si Sanphet was situated on the premises of the Ayutthaya's Royal Palace. In 1448, King Boroma Tri-Lokanat dedicated the side of the Royal Palace to the construction of the temple. However, the temple of Wat Phra Si Sanphet was only erected by his son, King Ramathibodi II.
In 1492, King Ramathibodi II completed the first two chedis; the one on the east and the one in the middle. The east chedi enshrines the relics (ashes) of his father, King Boroma Tri-Lokanat. The one in the middle enshrines the relics (ashes) of his brother, King Boroma Rachathirat III. Later his son built the final chedi, the one on the west, to enshrine King Ramathibodi II's own relics (ashes).
The most important edifices in this temple are the three main chedis containing the ashes of King Boroma Tri-Lokanat, King Boroma Rachathirat III and King Ramathibodi II.
Those chedis were some of the few, which were not destroyed when the Burmese invaded the Siamese capital in 1767.
The compound view of Wat Phra Si Sanphet in Ayutthaya, Thailand.
See more infomation of other interesting amulets at;